The Physical Education Department’s vision and mission are anchored on the University’s vision and mission.
A top academic institution continuously developing Values – driven, highly Competent, and Innovative Technologians
To ensure quality instruction, research, and community extension for the total development of Technologians committed in practicing professionalism and in meeting the demands of local, national, and global communities
In pursuit of excellence & development, the department strives to:
- Provide relevant learning activities that cultivate the physical, social, intellectual, and neuromuscular proficiency of students.
- Improve facilities to help in the development of students in the areas of dance, sports, fitness, and recreation-related activities.
- Render services in the promotion of extra-curricular activities during the conduct of the Intramurals and culminating activities.
- Promote fitness activities in CIT University and her surrounding communities.
- Widen knowledge on the field of dance, sports, recreation, health and fitness through researches.
- Create a program that will help promote quality teachings of culture through dance, sports, health and fitness.
Service Physical Education Program
The department services the other units of the University by offering the basic physical education (PE) courses which are prerequisites for graduation for an undergraduate degree or title.
Students who wish to excel in sports may try out and train for the varsity teams. For men, there are varsity teams in badminton, basketball, and volleyball, while table tennis caters to both men and women.
The University is a member of the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation, Inc. (CESAFI), which conducts a calendar of athletic events during the school year.
The department conducts a yearly intramural program for the University. This program serves the huge number of students who do not possess superior athletic skills but who need the beneficial results of physical activity participation and competitive play outside PE classes.
The use of all PE facilities and equipment (balls, rackets, chess board, scrabble boards) for students is free of charge provided there is no conflict with the schedule of Service PE classes. However, the Department shall prioritize the use of sports equipment on the following students:
- College students who are currently enrolled in a PE course.
- Senior High School Students who have a PE class.
College and Senior High School Students who wish to play during their free time are allowed to borrow sports equipment and play only on a Saturday.
The athletic facilities of the department consist of an indoor gymnasium, a covered court, open courts, and a table tennis area.
The indoor gymnasium has four badminton courts and a stage, the covered court has one volleyball court and the outdoor area has two basketball courts. The table tennis area has seven Ping-Pong tables.